Chocolate toffee candies: the original recipe for homemade toffee and the version that sees them enriched with tasty chocolate. Tips for getting perfect chocolate toffee candies, even better than those you buy at the supermarket.
Inrecipe for chocolate toffee, among the ingredients, you will see condensed milk: don't worry! Do not be frightened! Condensed milk is easy to make at home or to buy in supermarkets, same goes for liquid glucose. Before seeing theoriginal recipe for chocolate toffee, then, I'll tell you where to find the ingredients.
Condensed milk for making homemade toffee
You can make condensed milk at home, following my recipe, or buy it online, on Amazon or in the most well-stocked supermarkets.
For the recipe: How to make condensed milk
For the purchase of ready-made condensed milk: you can choose between different brands, for convenience I point out the most popular one; to "this Amazon page”You can find a 400 gr jar of condensed milk from Nestè at the price of 8.98 euros with free shipping costs. Now let's move on to liquid glucose which is the most abundant ingredient inoriginal recipe for toffee.
Liquid glucose for making homemade toffee
In this case, the do-it-yourself preparation would be too cumbersome, so all that remains is to purchase. You can go to shops specializing in pastry and confectionery or always take advantage of online sales. On Amazon, a 500g jar of glucose syrup can be bought at a price of 9.90 euros with free shipping. For all the info, I refer you to "this Amazon page". You also find glucose syrup (liquid glucose) Cameo, Ambrosio and more well-known brands, but the price goes up a lot. Personally, I found myself well with this professional product, even if more "anonymous". :)
Recipe for chocolate toffee or chocolate toffee
Clarified where to find all the ingredients, here it isoriginal recipe for chocolate toffee. The ingredients refer to 30 classic rectangular shaped candies.
- 120 g of dark couverture chocolate
alternatively, use the minced dark chocolate bar
- 120 g of condensed milk
- 450 g of liquid glucose (glucose syrup)
- 400 g of white sugar
- 80 g of butter
As you can see from the ingredients, theoriginal recipe for toffeepay no attention to calories! Herehow to make chocolate toffee.
It is preferable that during preparation you use a kitchen thermometer, this too is easy to find in large supermarkets or online, it costs no more than 10 euros.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Avoid melting the chocolate in the microwave as you do not have the possibility to regulate the temperature while, the chocolate should be melted over low heat, in a sweet and slow way. Periodically stir with a wooden spoon.
- Keep the chocolate warm as you continue the preparation.
- Keep in mind that liquid glucose is very sticky, so when working with it, always do it with wet hands!
- Take the glucose and transfer it to a bowl to weigh 450 gr.
- In a saucepan, pour 250 ml of water, add the glucose, sugar, whole butter (at room temperature) and condensed milk. Turn the flame to low.
- Stir with a wooden spoon, raise the heat and let the mixture reach a temperature of 118 ° C (that's why I recommend using a kitchen thermometer, otherwise you risk making the sugar caramelize too much and make thechocolate toffee candiesto love). Boil the mixture.
- If you really don't want to use a cooking thermometer, know that your mixture must turn blonde. Generally, if you used the recommended doses, the entire procedure takes 20 minutes.
- When you have turned off the stove, add the melted chocolate and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Spread your mixture on a sheet of baking paper and let it cool
- When it is warm, work it with your hands to roll 3 "sausages" or better, three long cylinders with a square base.
- With scissors, cut each toffee.
Personal tip: seal the candies in an airtight jar, or, even better, use parchment paper to package each individual candy. Theretoffeewill remainsoftfor a very long time if well wrapped ... the reason? It will not absorb moisture.
Homemade toffee or toffee with the original recipe
Thererecipejust seen is forchocolate toffee candies. For theoriginal recipe for toffee, just omit adding the chocolate!
Other recipes with chocolate:
- Chocolate truffles: recipe
- Ferrero Rocher homemade