Iced coffee, how to do itlike the one in the bar or even better! From coffee cream (grandfather's coffee) to iced coffee with cream or classic.
It is easy to talk abouticed coffeebut in reality everyone has their own recipe and his expectations for the palate: who wants it creamy, who smooth as a simple cold coffee, who wants it with the cream and who points to thecoffee granita.
Let's face it right away, theiced coffee recipeclassic, it's easy to prepare, the situation gets complicated when you want to prepare deliced coffee with cream with a creamy consistency. Creamy iced coffee is now found in all bars under the name ofcoffee cream. Let's see how to make iced coffee in its various forms.
Iced coffee, how to do it
Let's start with the easy recipe, which will take you only 15 minutes. Here's what you need:
- 30 g of ground coffee
- 12 tablespoons of condensed milk *
- 2 dl of milk *
- Ice cubes
Don't be discouraged, you may have never bought condensed milk but it's easy to find at the supermarket and just as easy to make at home. In the guideHow to make condensed milkyou can find out how to prepare it at home or where to buy it (in the last paragraph).
As for the milk, you don't necessarily have to use cow's milk, indeed, for theiced coffee recipeI advise you to use coconut milk or almond milk, so as to give an extra touch of flavor.
How to make iced coffee?
- Prepare the coffee in a 6-cup mocha and let it cool (but don't cool completely)
- Make 6 tumbler glasses (those low cocktail glasses) and, in each, pour 2 tablespoons of condensed milk.
- Add 2 ice cubes to each glass.
- Add the coffee and dilute with iced or very cold milk.
- Serve thehomemade iced coffeewith a straw.
Iced coffee with cream
If you really don't want to give up the cream, you can serve theiced coffeewith a splash of cream on the edge of each glass.
How to make creamy iced coffee
As stated, iced coffee with cream or coffee cream is more cumbersome to make because you have to have the patience to prepare the cream and add it to the coffee and wait, in the freezer, for it to reach the right consistency, stirring periodically at intervals of about 20 minutes. . For the recipe ofcreamy iced coffeeI invite you to read the page "Coffee cream".
How to make coffee granita
The preparation of thecold coffee, of theiced coffeeor thecoffee cream, gives you a way to use leftover coffee in the kitchen. For these preparations, in fact, the coffee does not have to be hot, quite the opposite!
Here are the ingredients for 400 gr ofcoffee granita:
- 250 ml of already cold coffee
- 250 ml of water
- 80 grams of sugar
To garnish, if desired: 200 ml of fresh whipped cream and 30 g of icing sugar to sprinkle on the plate.
To do thecoffee granita like the one in the bar, you need an ice cream maker or a slush machine ... alternatively you can also use thethermomixor a food processor, paying attention not to set the maximum speed as shown in the video-recipe that we have proposed to you on the pagehow to make granita.
How to continue?
- In a bowl, add the sugar and dissolve it in the already cold coffee. To mix, use a manual whisk.
- Add the water and pour the mixture into the ice cream maker, slush machine or Thermomix type food processor.
- Operate the spatulas and leave them to act until the granita has reached the desired consistency.
The coffee granita is ready, all you have to do is garnish it!
How to make coffee granita without ice cream maker or thermomix
If you don't have a Thermomix or an ice cream maker, you can proceed as follows:
- Melt the sugar in the coffee and water with the help of a manual whisk.
- Place the large bowl in the freezer and let it set for 50 - 60 minutes.
- Take out the bowl and stir the mixture with a fork.
- Repeat this process every 15 minutes until your coffee granita is ready.
- Serve your coffee granita accompanied with whipped cream and a sprinkling of icing sugar.
Note: for a more pronounced flavor, you can enrich yourscold coffeeor yourshomemade coffee granitawith a liqueur like Baileys, caramel or chocolate liqueur.