We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Lower back pain: the causes, how to prevent back pain and what are the do-it-yourself remedies to relieve and treat low back pain.
Lower back pain, better known as low back pain, is a disorder that affects the muscles and bones of the lumbar region, i.e. the lower back.
Most of the population has had back pain problems, especially those over the age of 30. In fact, as the years go by, bone strength, elasticity and muscle tone are lost. As a result, the intervertebral discs lose hydration, flexibility and the ability to cushion friction.
In addition to being very common, back pain is a non-specific disorder: it cannot be traced back to a specific disease, much less to a single cause. Lower back pain can have a variable duration and can be classified as:
- acute, if the pain lasts a month,
- subacute, if the pain lasts for one to three months
- chronic, if the pain exceeds three months
Lower back pain, causes
There may be different causes at the origin of lower back pain, and as already mentioned, in many cases it can be traced back to the passing of the years. Muscle distension can be counted as another cause; for example, if you make an effort to lift a heavy object, you are likely to experience muscle strain resulting in back pain
Other pathologies attributable to low back pain
- Sciatica: it manifests itself with a lot of pain that extends to the leg
- Spondylolisthesis (pathological condition characterized by a slow and progressive forward movement of a vertebra with respect to the one below): causes instability and compresses the nerve root
- Lumbar arthrosis: occurs when the intervertebral discs in the lumbar area are worn down. It causes inflammation, instability in the lower back and in many cases even sciatica.
- Other causes can be traced back to: spinal cord fractures, osteoporosis, bone marrow cancer, disc rnia, kidney infections or stones, pathologies of the female reproductive organs or complications related to pregnancy.
Lower back pain, remedies
The treatment of low back pain can involve different professional figures; depends on the underlying cause. It may therefore be pertinent to:
- family doctor
At the first signs it is advisable to consult the specialist to intervene in a timely manner. In the meantime, we want to share with you some natural remedies that are effective against lower back pain. These are do-it-yourself remedies with natural ingredients such as arnica, coconut oil that do not cause unwanted effects.
Therapeutic use of arnica and coconut oil against low back pain
Thanks to the substances it contains, such as elenaline, arnica has therapeutic virtues that can relieve pain caused by muscle sprains or injuries. It has an effective anti-inflammatory action, reducing tissue swelling. By practicing a light massage with this ingredient, we can cure skin irritations thanks to its antimicrobial effect.
Arnica is commonly used against bruises, since it is a rubefying herb. It can therefore locally stimulate blood circulation, reducing the risk of bruising
The body is able to assimilate the saturated fatty acids present in coconut oil very well. In its composition, we find lauric, palmitic, myristic, oleic and linoleic acids. It also contains iron, vitamins E and K. All substances that are allies of health and beauty.
coconut oil has antimicrobiotic, antifungal and antibacterial properties. It helps stimulate the immune system and is often used to relax muscles.
By combining the properties of arnica and coconut oil we can create a truly remedy for lower back pain. In this regard, here is a recipe based on the aforementioned ingredients
Do-it-yourself ointment against low back pain
- Heat 50 grams of beeswax in a water bath
- Once it has melted, keep the heat to low and add 20ml of arnica oil and 40ml of coconut oil.
- Mix carefully until a homogeneous mixture is obtained
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Apply the ointment to the painful area morning and evening
PLEASE NOTE: with the first symptoms of low back pain, it is good to intervene promptly, evaluating the causes with the specialist. As we have seen, the causes of back pain vary in nature and each requires specific treatment. Arnica and coconut oil certainly do not harm your health. You can try making this ointment to see if the pain decreases. In any case, it is always good to ask the doctor's opinion even before starting the do-it-yourself remedies.