Sore throat: causes and useful tips to prevent throat pain. Natural remedies to cure sore throat.
In winter it is quite common to have a sore throat. Burning, dry throat, difficulty in swallowing or speaking are symptoms are the most common symptoms that occur when suffering from an inflamed throat.
Known in the medical field as pharyngitis, this disorder is an inflammation of the oropharynx and is often caused and associated with colds and flu.
Sore throat, useful tips
When unrelated to fever, sore throat can be effectively treated with simple natural remedies. Let's see specifically how to treat an inflamed throat without resorting to antibiotics. To alleviate the discomfort, first follow these tips:
Drink more than usual
Keep yourself constantly hydrated. The water must be at room temperature, in this way it heals the throat and relieves pain. Dryness makes symptoms worse. Not surprisingly, the pain is more intense as soon as you wake up, because the throat dries up during the night. To keep it moist, hard candies are also good, as they stimulate saliva production.
When the throat is sore, avoid smoking, otherwise it will take longer to heal. Smoking intensifies pain and all other symptoms.
Have dinner two hours before going to sleep
By doing so, you will prevent gastric juices from rising up through the esophagus, causing burning and pain in the throat. Having dinner at least two hours before going to bed will allow you to finish the digestive process, with less risk of aggravating the malaise.
Rest is always a good cure, even in these cases which seem to be of minor importance. Moreover, resting brings well-being and more desire to follow healthy habits. This way, you will take better care of your throat and your body in general.
Sore throat, natural remedies
As already mentioned, natural remedies can help fight throat infections.
In the case of a throat infection, garlic is a very effective natural antibiotic
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic
- 500 ml of water
- Chop the garlic cloves. Meanwhile, boil the two cups of water.
- As soon as the water begins to boil, add the chopped mixture and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off and let it cool. Finally pour the liquid and drink.
Echinacea herbal tea
Echinacea is a plant with the natural ability to stimulate the immune system. It acts optimally against respiratory system disorders such as the flu or colds. The following remedy will help you reactivate your defenses: it is useful if you feel tired and exhausted from malaise. This way you help your body react against viruses and bacteria. You can drink the echinacea decoction on an empty stomach and before going to sleep.
- 500 ml of water
- 10 grams of echinacea flowers
- A teaspoon of honey
- First, put the water in a saucepan and immediately add the echinacea flowers.
- Then let the water boil over medium heat for 7 minutes. Turn off and let it rest for another 7 minutes before filtering and drinking.
Ginger is a healing root, useful in a large number of situations. It is, among other things, a good remedy against bacteria and viruses. For maximum benefits, use fresh root.
- 250 ml of water
- 15 grams of shredded ginger root
- Boil the water and when it boils, add the ginger.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes and, at the end, remove from the heat.
- Let it cool, then drink.
Onion herbal tea
Onion is a great ally for sore throats. This is because it is rich in vitamin C, quercetin and isothiocyanates. These three substances act as antioxidants, anti-inflammatories and airway dilators.
- 500 ml of water
- 1 onion
- Peel the onion and cut it into slices.
- Put the onion in the water and let it boil.
- Remove from the heat and let it rest for another 7 minutes. The herbal tea is ready to be consumed.
If these remedies do not help you to fight a sore throat, it is worth going to the doctor for more adequate therapy.